We’re a very active bunch here at Good Things Foundation. We’re an organisation made up of walkers, runners, cyclists, climbers and more, so when we heard about the Workplace Challenge as part of the Move More Sheffield campaign, we knew it was something that we had to take part in.
Move More is an initiative which aims to make people more active and in Sheffield, through June, it pits individuals, teams and organisations against each other to see who is the most active out of the whole city.
At the moment Good Things Foundation has racked up over 27,000 minutes between 30 of us, and, thanks to my new walking to work lifestyle, I’m enjoying being in the top three of my team’s leaderboard. Not sure it will last…
We’ve got some office sessions planned with Seven Hills Fitness as part of the initiative too. Last week, some of the team enjoyed a boxercise session and for the next three weeks we’ve got a crazy core session, a pilates session and a yoga session planned, which we’re really looking forward to. Well some of the team are!
New recruits move in
It isn’t just our new – and sometimes competitive – exercise regime that’s happening in the Good Things Foundation office right now. We’ve also got some new faces who’ve moved into the team:
- Tim Brazier is our Senior Service Designer, joining our new Design and Innovation team
- Pete Nuckley is our Service Delivery Manager, also joining our Design and Innovation team
- Jonathan Bradwell is our Network Communications Specialist, joining our Network team
- Zoe Howard is our Digital Inclusion Manager, joining the Digital Inclusion team
- Charlotte Self is our Social Inclusion Manager, joining the Social Inclusion team.
I’d like to extend a very warm welcome to all of these new people and I look forward to seeing their exciting ideas coming to life as part of the Good Things Foundation family.
Pingback: Moving In; Moving More – Helen Milner | Public Sector Blogs